Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review: "ClosetComplete" Velvet Hangers

I recently purchased these from Amazon.com and got a great deal on these hangers.


Back story:  This past spring, I purchased some of the black velvet hangers on sale at a local Michael's store ($7.99 plus a 40% off coupon, heyyyyy!).  They came in packs of 10, and honestly I fell in love with them.  I forget the brand, and was unable to find more when I decided I wanted to replace all of my hangers with these.  They hold well, are sturdy, but they are thin enough that they truly did free up space in my closet.  I have very small closets, and large amounts of clothing.  Not a good match.

After no luck of finding these hangers again at such a good price (and not being able to wait until spring for the stores to bring them back again), I searched amazon.com.  The ClosetComplete hangers looked like a REALLY great deal.  For a 50 pack of the black velvet hangers, it was only 29.90!  I ordered them right away and sat back and relaxed knowing that soon my closets will look so much better, and feel roomier (I broke down and did some donating recently too, so that should help).  Whatever, I'm pregnant, and looking at some of my old clothes kind of upsets me at the moment anyway.  Boooooo.

So last week I receive my hangers, and I am sooo excited.  To my dismay however, I open the box and find pieces of hanger falling out at me.  The actual hangy part of the hanger (haha, maybe I should say the metal hook?  I like hangy part better though.) was broken off of the black part!  To me, the packaging looked fine, so I'm assuming this is a product issue, not shipping.  Take a look:

Hangers, just hangin' out!.......  Really??  They weren't even IN the package with the rest of the hangers!

So they literally fell out when I opened the box.  I placed them how they are in the photo so you guys can understand where exactly they were broken, but they honestly were already out of the plastic.  That seems odd to me.

After doing my own research, I'm finding that quite a few other people have had the same problem.  I personally decided to take the loss (it was only two hangers anyway) and instead of returning the product, I kept the rest of the hangers to see how they'd hold up for me.  And I figured I'd be able to write a better review if I actually USED the hangers that weren't completely broken.

Hmm... 

So far, I have had no other issues.  They are holding fine, although I am nervous about hanging any coats or any heavy sweaters, so I've left those to the other hangers I had around.  I will try it though and get back to everyone on that.  I have heard that other people had issues with the velvet rubbing off onto the clothes too.  Personally, I haven't had that issue.  I even took my fingers and rubbed vigorously on the hanger to see if anything would come off, and unlike everyone else, I didn't see any "big clumps" of material rubbing off of the hangers.  So, who knows.  I hope they aren't hanging damp clothes on the hangers or something...

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the hangers.  I do feel they are a little less durable than my original velvet space saving hangers, but I also feel that for just under $30, getting a 50 (err, well, 48) pack of these hangers is a pretty good deal.  The clothes in my closet are much more accessible and much less squashed in there now.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment